Membership Benefit FAQs
Membership is an excellent way to receive benefits from the Institute of Outdoor Theatre (IOT) and Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC) while supporting our organization’s programs and research.
Perhaps the most valued benefit of participation in the IOT and SETC is the network of people and expertise the organization provides for theatre professionals who share common challenges, expertise and aspirations. Moreover, the opportunity for involvement, influence and to make a positive impact on the theatre industry and the people it includes is afforded by virtue of being an active part of this membership and organization.
What types of memberships does IOT/SETC offer?
First, it is important to note that whether you are traditionally an SETC member or have a history as an IOT member, that when you join through either avenue your membership covers both areas now that SETC and IOT have merged to become one single organization.
Organizational Membership: $80 which is required for participation in certain IOT and SETC activities.
Individual membership, registrations or participation fees at IOT and SETC events are separate.
Individual Memberships: Required for all persons who wish to participate in select IOT and SETC activities and events.
Adult (with senior citizen discount): $55
Membership Benefits include:
● Access to register for IOT and SETC events during the year including, but not limited to, conventions, conferences, symposiums and auditions
● Bi-monthly newsletter covering IOT and SETC information via email
● Free print subscription to the quarterly magazine Southern Theatre including, the Winter issue College Directory
● Weekly SETC Theatre Job Board listings via email
● Discounted job postings on the SETC Theatre Job Board
● Access to the annual SETC/IOT Membership Directory that includes our annual non-student members
(Student members are not listed in the Directory)
● A copy of Theatre Symposium, SETC’s annual scholarly journal
● Voting rights for the organization’s not-for-profit leadership
● Access to feasibility studies for new theatres provided by a team of professional consultants and ongoing development assistance for communities wishing to establish outdoor or indoor theatres
● Access to research and publications on matters of interest to the membership, including attendance statistics, audience surveys, theatre design, economic impact studies, technological developments, cultural tourism and marketing trends
How do I sign up for my IOT/SETC annual membership?
You can join any time of year that works best for you by signing up through the IOT and SETC websites or by calling our Central Office. Simply click on the Join/Renew Tab at the top of this webpage.
Note that there are certain times of year that, when you join, SETC will provide more than the 12 months of annual coverage.
There are two time frames for the opportunity to sign up.
See example below:
If you join between May 1 and Oct. 14, 2018 your membership will end June 30, 2019.
If you join between Oct. 15, 2018 and April 30, 2019 your membership will end Dec. 31, 2019.
Join / Renew
To become an IOT/SETC organizational member or to renew your organizational membership, click on the button below to download the Organizational Membership Form. Please complete and return the form to SETC.
To become an IOT/SETC individual member or to renew your individual membership, click on the button below to login or create a new account with SETC. Once you’re logged in, click on the “Join or Renew” link in the left-hand menu.
If you need additional assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 336-272-3645.