SETC Summer & Outdoor Theatre Auditions
New Audition Dates: March 26 & 27, 2021
Location: Online – Auditions for 2021 are now closed
Due to COVID-19, the Summer & Outdoor Theatre Auditions, originally scheduled for January 15-16, 2021, were held on March 26-27, 2021 and were conducted 100% online.
SETC Outdoor Theatre hosts auditions for summer and outdoor theatres looking to cast acting, singing, dancing and stage combat positions. Interviews are also available for technical positions. Both outdoor and indoor theatres are invited to participate.
The 2021 outdoor theatre auditions are now closed
Includes one SETC Organizational Membership and multiple representatives
Questions? Please contact the SETC office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 auditions for outdoor theatre are now completed and closed
Registration Opens: January 11, 2021
Registration Deadline: March 15, 2021
Auditionee Registration Fee: $55
(please scroll down for hiring company registration information)
All auditionees are asked to apply and to upload video audition (1 minute), dance reel (3 minutes and optional), stage combat reel (3 minutes and optional), headshot, and resume.
All technical candidates are asked to apply and to upload resume and up to three pieces of portfolio material (optional).
All registrations must be completed online via the SETC Applications Portal.
To participate, auditionees must:
- be at least 18 years old by January 11, 2021
- have previous training and experience in theatre
- be available for the entire summer season or beyond
- provide two reference contacts from directors or professors using the online application
- 60 Second Video
- Video can include acting, singing, or both (in either order).
- No slate. Your name and application materials will coincide with your video.
- Your 60 seconds begins with your first word. Over 60 seconds and your submission will not be considered.
- Frame your body from the knees up.
- Face forward, but do not audition straight into the camera lens.
- Musical pieces should be accompanied by piano or keyboard-only – either live or piano-only track.
- Required file format includes .MOV .AVI .MP4 .MKV (most phones use .MP4 format).
- Files cannot be larger than 200mb
- Please no commercial clips
- Files must be labeled:
- Undergraduate – “YOUR NAME – 2021 – SOTA”. i.e. “Mary Smith – 2021 – SOTA”
- OPTIONAL – Dance Reel
- Dance reels should be no more than 3 minutes in length
- 60 Second Video
- Three portfolio uploads
Individuals with disabilities should contact email@example.com no later than March 1, 2021 if special accommodations are required.